Thursday, November 22, 2007

Falafel's Drive-In, San Jose

The best Falafels I've ever had!! Period. This roadside eatery in a rundown neighborhood seems like an unlikely place for good mediterranean food but there it is and it absolutely rocks!! Apart from their Falafels which are best sampled in their juicy and messy pita wrap, they make really good gyro and kabab wraps. Their hummus and babaganoush are both very fresh and tasty and I would enjoy them more if they served them with fresh pita bread instead of a store pita right out of a plastic bag. They also serve fruit shakes but I've never tried as I'm not that big a fan of fruit shakes. I do not feel really comfortable going to this place at night because of the neighborhood which incidentally happens to be just about a mile from the very upscale Santana Row. However, this is a fabulous place to have a quick, cheap and satisfying lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try the pita chips at this place - it absolutely rocks.