Thursday, July 12, 2007

Assab Eritrean, San Francisco

I'd read several positive reviews about Assab over the years but managed to land up there only recently. And I'm sure glad I did. They have simply the best Injera I've ever had - thin, soft and melts in your mouth. We ordered one veggie and one non-vegetarian combination and although I'm a carnivore, I must admit that the veggie combo was just as good if not better than the non-veg combo. Compared to Zeni, the food here is slightly less spicier and caters to more of non-Ethiopian/Eritrean clientele. The ethiopian Harar beer goes along superbly with the combos. My friends ordered the ethiopian honey wine which was also a great drink to accompany the food. The owner is a very friendly guy and since we were the last people in the restaurant, he had enough time to joke around with us. Cheap and good food, definitely worth going a few times if you enjoy Ethiopian/Eritrean food.

No comments: