Sunday, October 21, 2007

Schnitzelhaus, San Francisco

I wouldn't call myself sober when I ended up at Schnitzelhaus after the San Francisco Lovefest. I'd downed about 7 drinks and comeup with a new superhero "Meterman" who could walk thru parking meters :) !! But for once, I'd trusted my Austrian friend to pick the restaurant and he highly recommended Schnitzelhaus. This Austrian/German restaurant at the intersection of Folsom and 9th Street has a homely family restaurant feel. Not much in terms of decor but I still somehow liked the place, maybe because I was just too tired and got to sit after a few hours. We practically ordered everything on the menu and I don't really remember all that I ate. I do remember the Goulash being awesome and the I loved the Schnitzel served with spicy potatoes. There was another chicken dish which had a creamy spicy sauce. I always had the impression that German/Austrian food was bland and all potatoes but after eating at Schnitzelhaus, I got a feel for real good German food and I enjoyed it. By the time we finished our meal, I was getting sober and realizing that I had way too much to eat, so decided to skip on dessert. I got to know later that their Apple Strudel with vannila ice cream is supposed to be awesome and I might go there again just to try that ...

No comments: