Sunday, October 21, 2007

Kennedy's Irish Pub and Curry House, San Francisco

Kennedy's Irish Pub and Curry House is my favorite watering hole in San Francisco. They had the most amazing collection of beer on tap. The surprising thing about this place is that it serves Indian food and in my opinion, a place like Kannedy's can survive only in San Francisco. Where else would you find a sports bar, Irish pub and Indian restaurant bundled together ??!!! The pitchers here are priced at a very reasonable $ 15 and I get some of my favorite European beers on tap - Boddingtons, Guiness, Smithwicks, Fattire, Warsteiner etc. On my last visit, I was there with 8 other people and ended up ordering 6 pitchers of all the above mentioned :). And for the first time, I also found out that if you buy 5 pitchers, you get the 6th one free !! A couple of my friends who don't drink beer weren't very happy that we'd dragged them to an Irish pub but the bartender made them an awesome drink from Soju and Sprite which got them in a mood to enjoy the evening. Soju is the Korean equivalent of Sake. We'd also ordered some appetizers - Curry fries, Onion pakoras and Sambar Vada which were all pretty decent. I used to come here more often a few years back because they had really good Indian food too but over the years, the quality of their Indian food has deteriorated and I wouldn't recommend eating dinner here. Kennedy's also has a couple of pool tables and a foosball table and a few of my friends decided to play pool with a couple of other guys hanging out at Kennedy's. Although both teams sucked, my friends were the ones who ultimately lost.

No comments: