Saturday, May 31, 2008

Limon, San francisco

My latest favourite in the Mission !! I'd heard a lot of good things about Limon and had been wanting to try it out for atleast 2 years now. I had no clue what I was missing or I'd have been a little more proactive... Limon is by far the best restaurant I've been to in the Mission. The cuisine here is Peruvian and I went there with a couple of friends one Saturday evening and ended up spending a good 2 hours enjoying the food. Started off with a pitcher of Sangria. I've mentioned earlier that the Sangria at Charanga was my favourite, well here's the new favourite !! For appetizers we had the Chiccaron de Pollo which is chicken marinaded in spices and deep fried. It was nice and juicy with a wonderful unique flavor to it. For the main course, we had the grilled chicken served with mashed potatoes and a spicy coconut based gravy and fried red snapper fillets served with rice and another spicy gravy. The flavor in each of the dishes was unique and we were left licking the plates craving for some more. We wrapped up the wonderful evening with a generous serving of Creme de Papaya. I must also mention that the service here was excellent with the waiter giving us some very useful suggestions and checking on us every few minutes and refilling our glasses with Sangria :). I can't wait to get back to Limon once again ...

No comments: