Tuesday, September 25, 2007

New Tandoori Cafe, San Jose

New Tandoori Cafe is one of my favourite desi joint in the South Bay. I visit this place pretty often because it is conveniently located next to one of my friend's home on Stevens Creek Boulevard in San Jose. The chaats here are pretty decent although I do not eat chaat here quite often. I'm a fan of their Spicy Tandoori chicken wings and lamb biryani. Their lamb biryani is the punjabi style biryani and not the pakistani or hyderabadi style that you usually get in other Pakistani or Desi joints across the Bay Area. Their Tandoori wraps, especially the Seekh Kabab wrap is a good thing to have for lunch when a biryani would be too heavy. My cousin, who is a self proclaimed expert on Chicken Tikka Masala, rated it the best she's ever had and forced me to take her there twice on her 5 day visit to the Bay Area. There aren't many good desi restaurants in the South Bay, but this is one that has never disappointed me, be it chaats, biryanis or wraps. I often order food from here when I have guests at home and I always wonder what I would have done if I didn't have a good desi eatery close to my place ...

No comments: